In April, 433,100 unemployed jobseekers
A total of 433,100 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of April. This is 203,400 more than a year earlier. The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 124,000 from the previous month. Measures to slow down the spread of the coronavirus have caused a sharp increase in the number of layoffs. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 16.5% of the labour force, which is 7.7 percentage points more than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- The total number of jobseekers increased by 229,000.
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 203,000 from the previous year
- The number of persons laid off increased by 152,000
- Services included in the activation rate had 19,000 less people than a year ago
- Number of new job vacancies down by 19,000 from last year