In August 281,000 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of August, a total of 281,000 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 48,700 less than a year earlier, but 48,400 more than in August two years ago. The number of unemployed jobseekers was down by 41,500 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 10.7% of the labour force, which is 1.8 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers decreased by 63,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 49,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 36,000
- Services included in the activation rate had the same number of people than a year ago
- 35,000 new job vacancies more compared to last year