In June, 416,900 unemployed jobseekers
A total of 416,900 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of June. This is 162,700 more than a year earlier. The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 15,800 from the previous month. Measures to slow down the spread of coronavirus have increased the number of lay-offs. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 15.8% of the labour force, which is 6.1 percentage points more than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers increased by 212,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 163,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off increased by 107,000
- Services included in the activation rate had 12,000 less people than a year ago
- 5,000 new job vacancies fewer than last year