312,700 unemployed jobseekers in October
A total of 312,700 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of October. This is 88,000 more than a year earlier. The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 3,100 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 11.9% of the labour force, which is 3.3 percentage points more than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers increased by 142,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 88,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off increased by 46,000
- Services included in the activation rate had 6,000 less people than a year ago
- The number of new job vacancies decreased by 12,000 from last year