314,500 unemployed jobseekers in November
A total of 314,500 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of November. This is 86,000 more than a year earlier. The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 1,800 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 12.0% of the labour force, which is 3.3 percentage points more than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers increased by 145,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 86,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off increased by 43,000
- Services included in the activation rate had 5,000 less people than a year ago
- The number of new job vacancies decreased by 7,000 from last year