357,400 unemployed jobseekers in December
A total of 357,400 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of December. This is 99,700 more than a year earlier. The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 42,800 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 13.6% of the labour force, which is 3.8 percentage points more than the year before. In 2020, the average number of unemployed jobseekers was 342,400, or 102,000 more than the year before. The average number of unemployed people who were laid off was 77 800, or 65 400 more than the year before. Unemployed jobseekers accounted on average for 13.0% of the labour force in 2020, which is 3.8 percentage points more than a year ago. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers increased by 155,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 100,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off increased by 56,000
- Services included in the activation rate had 3,000 less people than a year ago
- The number of new job vacancies decreased by 5,000 from last year