In February, 327,100 unemployed jobseekers
A total of 327,100 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices at the end of February. This is 79,000 more than a year earlier. The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 5,700 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 12.4% of the labour force, which is 3.0 percentage points more than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers increased by 133,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 79,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off increased by 37,000
- Services included in the activation rate had 4,000 less people than a year ago
- 5,000 new job vacancies more compared to last year