331,500 unemployed jobseekers in March
At the end of March, a total of 331,500 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 22,500 more than a year earlier. The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 4,400 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 12.6% of the labour force, which is 0.8 percentage points more than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers increased by 48,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 22,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 3,000
- Services included in the activation rate had 2,000 less people than a year ago
- 14,000 new job vacancies more compared to last year