In May, 301,200 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of May, a total of 301,200 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 131,500 less than a year earlier, but 74,600 more than in May two years ago. The number of unemployed jobseekers was down by 17,200 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 11.4% of the labour force, which is 5.1 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers decreased by 126,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 132,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 117,000
- Services included in the activation rate had 8,000 more people than a year ago
- 36,000 new job vacancies more compared to last year