In April, 318,400 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of April, a total of 318,400 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 114,600 less than a year earlier, but 88,800 more than in April two years ago. The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 13,100 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 12.1% of the labour force, which is 4.4 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers decreased by 97,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 115,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 110,000
- Services included in the activation rate had 6,000 more people than a year ago
- 26,000 new job vacancies more compared to last year