In June, 316,200 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of June, a total of 316,200 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 100,700 less than a year earlier, but 62,000 more than in June two years ago. The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 15,100 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 12.0% of the labour force, which is 3.8 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers decreased by 105,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 101,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 83,000
- Services included in the activation rate had 6,000 more people than a year ago
- 31,000 new job vacancies more compared to last year