In July, 322,600 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of July, a total of 322,600 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 64,900 less than a year earlier, but 53,700 more than in July two years ago. The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 6,400 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 12.3% of the labour force, which is 2.4 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of jobseekers decreased by 73,000
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 65,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 50,000
- Services included in the activation rate had 3,000 more people than a year ago
- 26,000 new job vacancies more compared to last year