259,000 unemployed jobseekers in October
At the end of October, a total of 259,000 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 53,700 less than a year earlier, but 34,300 more than in October two years ago. The number of unemployed jobseekers was down by 6,300 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 9.8% of the labour force, which is 2.1 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 80,700
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 53,700 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 37,400
- Services included in the activation rate had 5,900 less people than a year ago
- 38,600 more new job vacancies compared to last year