In December, 275,300 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of December, a total of 275,300 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 82,000 less than a year earlier, but 17,600 more than in December two years ago. The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 22,600 from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 10.5% of the labour force, which is 3.1 percentage points less than the year before. In 2021, the average number of unemployed jobseekers was 298,600, or 43,800 less than the year before. The average number of unemployed people who were laid off was 37,300, or 40,600 less than the year before. On average, unemployed jobseekers accounted for 11.4% of the labour force in 2021; down by 1.6 percentage points from the previous year. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 119,700
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 82,000 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 52,400
- Services included in the activation rate had 3,500 less people than a year ago
- 40,200 more new job vacancies compared to the previous year