250,700 unemployed jobseekers in March
At the end of March, a total of 250,700 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 80,800 fewer than a year earlier, and 14,900 fewer than the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 9.5% of the labour force, which is 3.1 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 128,200
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 80,800 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 41,800
- Services included in the activation rate had 2,900 less people than a year ago
- 48,500 more new job vacancies compared to the previous year