In June, 259,800 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of June, a total of 259,800 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 56,400 fewer than a year earlier, and 24,400 more than the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 9.9% of the labour force, which is 2.1 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 128,600
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 56,400 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 21,700
- Services included in the activation rate had 500 less people than a year ago
- 15,300 more new job vacancies compared to the previous year