In August 239,100 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of August, a total of 239,100 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 41,900 fewer than a year earlier, and 33,100 fewer than the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 9.1% of the labour force, which is 1.6 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 120,900
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 41,900 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 15,000
- Services included in the activation rate had the same number of people than a year ago
- 5,400 new job vacancies more compared to last year