232,400 unemployed jobseekers in October
At the end of October, a total of 232,400 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 26,700 fewer than a year earlier, and 500 fewer than the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 8.8% of the labour force, which is 1.0 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 106,500
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 26,700 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 8,900
- Services included in the activation rate had 3,600 more people than a year ago
- The number of new job vacancies decreased by 11,800 from last year