In February, 258,100 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of February, a total of 258,100 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 7,500 fewer than a year earlier, and unchanged from the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 9.7% of the labour force, which is 0.4 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 80,400
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 7,500 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 2,600
- Services included in the activation rate had 2,600 more people than a year ago
- The number of new job vacancies decreased by 30,500 from the previous year