In January, 258,000 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of January, a total of 258,000 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 15,700 fewer than a year earlier, and 2,400 fewer than the previous month. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 9.8% of the labour force, which is 0.6 percentage points less than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 83,400
- The number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 15,700 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off decreased by 6,800
- Services included in the activation rate had 2,600 more people than a year ago
- The number of new job vacancies decreased by 10,400 from the previous year