In April, 246,100 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of April, a total of 246,100 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This represents an increase of 7,400 from the previous year. Compared with the previous month, the number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 7,700. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 9.3% of the labour force, which is 0.2 percentage points more than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 49,600
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 7,400 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off increased by 2,400
- Services included in the activation rate had 2,300 more people than a year ago
- The number of new job vacancies decreased by 36,800 from the previous year