In July, 278,700 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of July, a total of 278,700 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This represents an increase of 6,500 from the previous year. Compared with the previous month, the number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 14,000. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 10.5 % of the labour force, which is 0.2 percentage points more than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 31,900
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 6,500 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off increased by 3,800
- Services included in the activation rate had 2,000 more people than a year ago
- The number of new job vacancies decreased by 24,600 from the previous year