In August 249,500 unemployed jobseekers
At the end of August, a total of 249,500 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 10,400 more than a year earlier. Compared with the previous month, the number of unemployed jobseekers decreased by 29,200. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 9.4% of the labour force, which is 0.3 percentage points more than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers decreased by 22,500
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 10,400 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off increased by 5,100
- Services included in the activation rate had 2,100 more people than a year ago
- The number of new job vacancies decreased by 30,700 from the previous year