256,100 unemployed jobseekers in October
At the end of October, a total of 256,100 unemployed jobseekers were registered at the Employment and Economic Development Offices and municipalities participating in the local government pilots on employment. This is 23,700 more than a year earlier. Compared with the previous month, the number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 6,300. Unemployed jobseekers accounted for 9.7% of the labour force, which is 0.9 percentage points more than the year before. The figures are from the Employment Service Statistics of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment.
- Total number of all jobseekers increased by 4,100
- The number of unemployed jobseekers increased by 23,700 from the previous year
- The number of people fully laid off increased by 10,300
- Services included in the activation rate had 400 less people than a year ago
- The number of new job vacancies decreased by 25,800 from the previous year